Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lunch with the Waltons

I think individual time with each child each day is important.

I got to cuddle MJ for almost two whole years before adding another one in the mix, so I think it is important that Molly gets Molly time...but also that MJ still has his time to shine.

Of course we play all day anyways and I do stay home all day...but I want Matthew to know that I still have time for just him and me.

So my routine lately has been this...

Feed Molly lunch early...put her down for her nap...make MJ and I lunch...and eat together on the living room couch while we watch The Waltons.

We love the Walton family...I sometimes wish I could live their life...walk to town, walk to church, go fishing in the creek right by their house, ride around in old timey trucks, ride a mule, say goodnight John Boy...

Ester and Zeb, well I hope one day that will be Robert and I.

What a nice quiet down to earth life that would be.

And MJ...he loves the Waltons too...Olivia got a perm today, her hair was super curly and I quote him by saying "oh mommy she got spikes" hahaha.  He also noted that they were walking to church...and said "I go to church to play..." Well sort of son...after we have meeting he enjoys playing with all his friends.  Ah, the friends a little boy can make by running up and saying rawr!

Then as the hour long show winds down we snuggle in the recliner and I rock my baby boy to sleep. Then he takes his afternoon nap, I have some quiet time to myself, then Molly and I play together when she wakes up.

Thank You Lord for the wonderful opportunity to see my children grow each day...and thank you my wonderful husband for working so hard to allow me to stay home. I know I have the better end of the deal, even when you add labor and delivery into it...I come out on top...

I have riches, not in the form of money, in the form of a loving Father in heaven, a gorgeous kind family, and a roof over my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment